Nash Point western low light house

Nash Point Lighthouse was built after the passenger steamer FROLIC was wrecked with heavy loss of life in 1830.

The low light was abandoned early this century and the high light was modernised and painted white. In place of the fixed light a new first order catadioptric lens was installed which gives a white and red group flashing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...