For over 50 years Pyestock was at the forefront of gas turbine development. It was probably the largest site of its kind in the world. V bomber, Harrier and Tornado engines were tested on site. The power of the air house allowed Concorde’s engines to be tested at 2,000 mph. Every gas turbine installed in Royal Navy ships was checked here; captured Soviet engines were discreetly examined.
NGTE Pyestock closed down in 2000 and decommissioned
Facebook Comments Master
- How to do Night Time Long exposure photography | shutter speed ISO and aperture settings
- Best 360 cameras on sale Xiaomi Mi Sphere GoPro Fusion YI 360 vr
- Photographing Antelope Canyon Navajo slot canyon Page Arizona USA Navajo Nation
- Exploring Abandoned Packard Motor Plant Detroit Michigan USA
- Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys Bushey Abandoned boys school masonic lodge