For over 50 years Pyestock was at the forefront of gas turbine development. It was probably the largest site of its kind in the world. V bomber, Harrier and Tornado engines were tested on site. The power of the air house allowed Concorde’s engines to be tested at 2,000 mph. Every gas turbine installed in Royal Navy ships was checked here; captured Soviet engines were discreetly examined.
NGTE Pyestock closed down in 2000 and decommissioned
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland