The Rayner family has been farming in the Colnbrook area since the reign of Elizabeth I. In 1945, the family purchased Berkyn Manor Farm & Manor House in Horton, together with 60 acres of land (the site of Berkyn Manor was also the home to the famous poet, Milton, and his parents from 1632 to 1638). In 1954, J Rayner & Sons Ltd was founded from the original farming partnership.
Between 1636 and 1638 John Milton lived with his family in Horton in a house reputedly on the same site as today’s Berkyn Manor Horton on J. Rayner and Sons farm.
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland