Formed over hundreds of years of water running through sandstone, Antelope Canyon is both a sacred site for the Navajo.
The Navajo name for Upper Antelope Canyon means “the place where the water takes a picture of itself.” Centuries ago, herds of pronghorn antelope roamed freely in Antelope Canyon, which explains the canyon’s English name. It is not known exactly when people first discovered Antelope Canyon, but according to local Navajos, who have lived here for generations, the canyon ia a place where cattle grazed in winter.
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland