The Pripyat amusement park in Pripyat, Ukraine was an upcoming amusement park. It was to be opened on May 1, 1986, in time for the May Day celebrations decorations for this event are still in place in Pripyat today but the plans were interrupted when on April 26 the Chernobyl disaster occurred a few kilometers away. The park was opened for a couple of hours on April 27 to keep the city people entertained before the announcement to evacuate the city was made. Today, the park, and in particular the Ferris wheel, are a symbol of the Chernobyl disaster. The amusement park itself is located behind the Palace of Culture in the centre of the city.
Facebook Comments Master
- Best 360 cameras on sale Xiaomi Mi Sphere GoPro Fusion YI 360 vr
- Photographing Antelope Canyon Navajo slot canyon Page Arizona USA Navajo Nation
- Exploring Abandoned Packard Motor Plant Detroit Michigan USA
- Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys Bushey Abandoned boys school masonic lodge
- Castello di Sammezzano Non Plus Ultra abandoned Castle Tuscany Florence Italy