The Sony A7R is a lot of camera for an extremely low price. When my Nikon D800 died for the third time I decided to make the switch to mirrorless. I had been tempted by the small form factor for some time and on paper the Sony A7R is actually a slightly better camera then my old D800 but minus the weight. Having done a lot of travel photography over the years with my D800 I was finding it cumbersome and I knew that I was no longer enjoying the experience of lugging so much weight around across country, the thought of having everything I needed in a much smaller, compact size was becoming much more appealing to me.
I was able to pickup one of the last A7R’s at my local Jessops store in Glasgow for £795. Which was an absolute steal of a price, and even against the newer A7Rmk11 I preferred the smaller A7R. I liked the fact the A7R had the electronic view finder which meant I had no worries of light coming in when doing long exposures and I did not need the extra megapixels of the newer model nor that extra price tag.
Ive always been a manual focus shooter and I loved how easy the peaking focus was on the Sony A7R and of course that meant I could use all the old and wonderfully cheap film lenses like the Minoltas.
Having now been shooting with the Sony A7R for a few months now my only regret is not making the change sooner, I know my last big road trip across South East Asia would have been so much more fun and productive if I had the little Sony instead!
For less then a £100 I picked up a few older lenses all of which I find a real pleasure to use and have produced some tremendous photos.. really can’t fault them at all.
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland