The Sony A7R is a lot of camera for an extremely low price. When my Nikon D800 died for the third time I decided to make the switch to mirrorless. I had been tempted by the small form factor for some time and on paper the Sony A7R is actually a slightly better camera then my old D800 but minus the weight. Having done a lot of travel photography over the years with my D800 I was finding it cumbersome and I knew that I was no longer enjoying the experience of lugging so much weight around across country, the thought of having everything I needed in a much smaller, compact size was becoming much more appealing to me.
I was able to pickup one of the last A7R’s at my local Jessops store in Glasgow for £795. Which was an absolute steal of a price, and even against the newer A7Rmk11 I preferred the smaller A7R. I liked the fact the A7R had the electronic view finder which meant I had no worries of light coming in when doing long exposures and I did not need the extra megapixels of the newer model nor that extra price tag.
Having now been shooting with the Sony A7R for a few months now my only regret is not making the change sooner, I know my last big road trip across South East Asia would have been so much more fun and productive if I had the little Sony instead!
For less then a £100 I picked up a few older lenses all of which I find a real pleasure to use and have produced some tremendous photos.. really can’t fault them at all.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Death Valley highway night
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place