A while back I stumbled across the Micro Drone 3.0 and although I was not sold at the time Ive been checking them out a bit more as Ive noticed they have started coming up for sale online. They do look rather appealing and as much as I really liked the DJI Phantom 3 Standard there is still for me a couple of negative points about the Phantoms.
Downsides for me is the Phantoms are very bulky to carry around, spare batteries are very steep at £100+ each and for low flying very noisy. I found that I always end up taking the Phantom 3 really high just so I can’t hear it as that noise also attracts a lot of attention.
So anyway all of those boxes are ticked with the little Micro Drone 3.0 although not by any means perfect in other areas. From the video quality Ive seen on the internet I know I will struggle to get usable footage from the little 720 HD camera and as the gimbal is still not available any more then a slight breeze will make for some shaky video. But, Im expecting the new 1024 camera to debut soon and the gimbal so I decided to purchase a Micro Drone 3.0 now and hopefully won’t have too long to wait for the other bits when they come available.
Shopping around I found the best deal currently without going through the waiting list to be on eBay where I picked up new the kit comprising Micro Drone 3.0, 720 HD Camera, Controller, Phone holder and battery for £89. Which seems a good deal as you would be paying $175 directly and then having to wait and Im not sure if that would shipped in the UK so you could end up with import duties. And really you can’t go wrong through eBay / Paypal as any problem can easily charge back through Paypal.
I ordered mine yesterday so looking forward to testing and have a couple of overseas trips to Spain and Greece in the coming weeks which Im hoping to test the little drone out, I know I would not take the DJI Phantom 3 out on those trips due to the size.. so this little drone sounds ideal.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Death Valley highway night
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Abandoned Crypts Belgium
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place