When we was driving through Death Valley in California we got to Death Valley Junction and saw a little hotel. So we popped in for a cup of tea and got talking to the lady working there. Now Death Valley Junction is a very strange ghost town and she gave us a wee tour about the hotel and started telling us all the ghost stories and the very interesting story of the ballerina Marta Becket and how she came to start her opera house Amargosa. Story was she was passing through Death Valley back in the day when it was a thriving town, took a liking to the town and hey presto started up her opera house.
Of course now Death Valley has become a ghost town since the mining came to an end and rail road stopped running. We got a wee tour of the old opera house and this is a photo taken with my Nikon D800. A 5 bracket shot with editing in Photoshop.
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland