As a travel photographer I’ve stayed at many camp sites and hotels all over the world my experience at the Milarrochy Bay Camp Site in Loch Lomond was nothing short of shocking. Unless you like confronting and aggressive site managers that think they can intimidate you I would avoid staying here.
Extremely unfriendly staff. Site manager woke me up at 6am and tried to over charge my friend 50% more then me for exact same pitch.
What was expected to be a pleasant stay was spoilt by the arrogance and attitude of the staff. We booked in advance over the phone for 6 people to stay and 3 pitches. 4 of us arrived during the day and I informed the site manager my other two friends would be arriving late and confirmed with the manager that it would be ok for my friend to pay the following day as the office would be closed before their arrival. The site manage said yes, that was fine and to come into the office after 9am to make payment. Which was all agreed. At 6am the site manager woke us up and said we had to pay 50% more for my friends pitch then we had paid for the other two pitches that were exactly the same. This turned into an argument at 6am that upset and woke other visitors staying at the site as I refused to pay 50% more for 1 of the 3 pitches with no reason given and then to be told I had to wait till 9am for the office to open when the manager had woken us up at 6am! The site manger then padlocked the gates locking our cars inside the car park. It was not until I made it clear that locking us inside was illegal and would result in me phoning the police that they unlocked the gate.
Extremely unpleasant stay, I would not go back to Milarrochy Bay Camp Site, one to avoid.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Death Valley highway night
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place