I recently purchased the Banggood 4500mAh 15.2V 4S Intelligent Battery For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance and Standard Versions. Which sells at Banggood for about roughly half the price of an original battery from DJI. I paid £58.40 where you can pick up an OEM DJI battery for about £105. So a reasonable saving.
It took about 3 weeks to receive the battery from China and on checking the battery it all seemed pretty good, quality and build wise and in use lasts and charges around a similar time to the original battery.
I figure I only really need two batteries as I also have a car charger and it takes just under an hour to fully recharge a battery in the car. When Im travelling and driving between locations one maybe two batteries is fine per location for me and then I drive on to the next location which is usually a good drive so I can get at least one battery fully charged or just hang back in the car a little longer to get another charged.
Everything was going just fine with the Banggood battery for around 10 charges when I was out on a road trip around the Isle of Skye and encountered a problem. Within the Litchi app that Ive been using to control my Phantom 3 drone it started reporting a battery error in the top right hand corner that read “Battery Cell 3 error”. I was only a few minutes into a flight and this was quite concerning, I was flying next to the coast and a few shots I was after required going over the sea. I did not plan going far out to sea but I was concerned the battery could fail and my drone would come crashing down into the sea. Well salt water would be fatal to a drone but equally crashing into cliffs and hard ground would be equally fatal.
So anyway I did fly the drone back ok and I let it hover beside me a while and nothing really negative happened, but I still have this error message through the app. Of course I don’t feel comfortable flying with this battery, there really is no point taking the chance of my drone dying inflight and having it come crashing down. So the battery is going back to Banggood.
My thoughts are don’t chance losing your drone to save a few pounds on a battery.. stick with an original DJI battery best price Ive found online is here.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Death Valley highway night
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- DJI Phantom GPS tracking device for lost flyaway drone
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- The road to Quiraing Isle of Skye