After my flyaway Phantom 3 standard drone I bought another replacement Phantom and have been getting some good use from it having just done a few days on the Isle of Skye. Mainly I do want it for just taking stills as I love the interesting angles that it opens up being in the air. Although, downside is drones are becoming increasingly popular. While photographing Eileen Donan Castle there was three other drones being flown at the same time.
Heres a couple of stills shot with my DJI Phantom whilst either on Skye or headed out there. The 12mp RAW files are pretty damn good. I’ve had some issues lately with the DJI GO app so Ive been using the Litchi app recently as well.
Now, even though I have been very happy with my DJI Phantom 3 the new DJI Maverick Pro addresses a couple of issues that I have. One is the size and weight although the Phantom 3 is not massive I would love a more sleek fold away form and two is the amount of attention the drone gets because of its audible sound and the Maverick is much more quieter, mainly because of its smaller propellers.
When the Mavic Pro was announced I was expecting it to be much more expensive and seeing as its priced lower then the Phantom 4 I really see it as a no brainer. So I will be parting with my Phantom 3 for the new DJI Maverick Pro.
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland