After my flyaway Phantom 3 standard drone I bought another replacement Phantom and have been getting some good use from it having just done a few days on the Isle of Skye. Mainly I do want it for just taking stills as I love the interesting angles that it opens up being in the air. Although, downside is drones are becoming increasingly popular. While photographing Eileen Donan Castle there was three other drones being flown at the same time.
Heres a couple of stills shot with my DJI Phantom whilst either on Skye or headed out there. The 12mp RAW files are pretty damn good. I’ve had some issues lately with the DJI GO app so Ive been using the Litchi app recently as well.
Now, even though I have been very happy with my DJI Phantom 3 the new DJI Maverick Pro addresses a couple of issues that I have. One is the size and weight although the Phantom 3 is not massive I would love a more sleek fold away form and two is the amount of attention the drone gets because of its audible sound and the Maverick is much more quieter, mainly because of its smaller propellers.
When the Mavic Pro was announced I was expecting it to be much more expensive and seeing as its priced lower then the Phantom 4 I really see it as a no brainer. So I will be parting with my Phantom 3 for the new DJI Maverick Pro.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Death Valley highway night
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Devils pulpit Scotland
- Mayfield Lavender Fields Banstead Surrey near South London
- Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK
- The Devils Pulpit outlander location Finnich Glen Glasgow 70ft deep Gorge
- Abandoned places Lincoln County Looney Bin Abandoned St Johns hospital
- Exploring Chernobyl Pripyat Ukraine Abandoned Ghost City and Fairground