Im a big fan of Samyang lenses excellent construction and very sharp images. I’ve owned both the 14mm 2.8 ultra wide angle and the 12mm 2.8 fisheye which Ive used extensively on a full frame Nikon D800 and then also the crop sensor Samyang 8mm 2.8 fisheye.
The 14mm 2.8 is one of the best options for astro photography and even when I also had the Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8 I tended to use the Samyang 14mm more as its far lighter and smaller, image quality is negligible. The Nikkor 14-24mm lets in a bit more light for astrophotography as a 30 second photo at 2.8 on the Samyang lens I could achieve similar exposure at 25 seconds on the Nikkor 14-24mm at 2.8.
Now that Samyang have started rolling out their 14mm and 50mm prime lenses in auto focus for the Sony FE full frame. I’ve always been a manual focus shooter and as my photography tends to be more landscape I generally shoot with my focus set to infinity. But as the Sony A7R cameras have a really good auto focus it does make sense to use that.
Downside still with the 14mm Sony FE Samyang is there is still no filter thread, you can of course use the Samyang filter hood adaptor but this is a rather bulky option.
Or another option now available is the Fotodiox WonderPana for Samyang 14mm.
Fotodiox WonderPana 66 Essentials .6 WK Kit Core Box 145 mm/6.6 Holder Upgrade/6.5×8 0.6 Soft Edge Filter/145 mm ND16 Neutral Density Filter 4 Stop) Filter/Lens Cap for Variety of 14 mm Vollbilder Samyang ROKINON/Polaroid Vivitar Bower, Falcon, Pro Optic/Bell & Howell/Opteka/Whale Imax)
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Death Valley highway night
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Devils pulpit Scotland
- Belgium Urbex Maison Radio sad abandoned house with wedding photo and collection of radios
- Australia Photography Road trip Milky Way Sydney Ayers rock Uluru Outback Melbourne Coober Pedy
- Mayfield Lavender Fields Banstead Surrey near South London
- Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK
- The Devils Pulpit outlander location Finnich Glen Glasgow 70ft deep Gorge