Im a big fan of Samyang lenses excellent construction and very sharp images. I’ve owned both the 14mm 2.8 ultra wide angle and the 12mm 2.8 fisheye which Ive used extensively on a full frame Nikon D800 and then also the crop sensor Samyang 8mm 2.8 fisheye.
The 14mm 2.8 is one of the best options for astro photography and even when I also had the Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8 I tended to use the Samyang 14mm more as its far lighter and smaller, image quality is negligible. The Nikkor 14-24mm lets in a bit more light for astrophotography as a 30 second photo at 2.8 on the Samyang lens I could achieve similar exposure at 25 seconds on the Nikkor 14-24mm at 2.8.
Now that Samyang have started rolling out their 14mm and 50mm prime lenses in auto focus for the Sony FE full frame. I’ve always been a manual focus shooter and as my photography tends to be more landscape I generally shoot with my focus set to infinity. But as the Sony A7R cameras have a really good auto focus it does make sense to use that.
Downside still with the 14mm Sony FE Samyang is there is still no filter thread, you can of course use the Samyang filter hood adaptor but this is a rather bulky option.
Or another option now available is the Fotodiox WonderPana for Samyang 14mm.
Fotodiox WonderPana 66 Essentials .6 WK Kit Core Box 145 mm/6.6 Holder Upgrade/6.5×8 0.6 Soft Edge Filter/145 mm ND16 Neutral Density Filter 4 Stop) Filter/Lens Cap for Variety of 14 mm Vollbilder Samyang ROKINON/Polaroid Vivitar Bower, Falcon, Pro Optic/Bell & Howell/Opteka/Whale Imax)
Facebook Comments Master
- Heavy Metal Belgium abandoned steel plant Urbex urban exploration
- LG G5 Cam Plus camera module not working How to FIX fixed
- Spanish Fiesta Visiting Barcelona Spain Photography Basilica of the Sagrada Familia gothic quarter
- Roma Capitale Visiting Rome Photographing Rome and Vatican City museum colosseum St Peter’s Basilica
- Visit Scotland Photography Places to see Eilean Donan Castle Glencoe Isle of Skye Etive Mor Highland