I recently got back from a road trip to and around the Isle of Skye. This is my second visit to Skye and first time the weather was horrendous. First time we visited The old Man of Stor but the weather was so foggy that never gone any good shots. This time however could not of asked for better weather it was baking, proper t-shirt and shorts weather.
However as with all good road trips did not go quite to plan as on my first night in Skye ran into car problems up at Quiraing. I took the dirt track road that runs West to East of Skye to Quiraing and ended up with a snapped alternator belt. There really is nothing shop wise in Skye and you soon realise how remote Skye is when you need something they don’t have on the island. I managed to get my car to a local garage in Portree the following day but as it was Saturday would be the Monday before they could get a new belt for me. Fortunately I was able to hire a cheap runaround car from the local garage and have a couple of extra days in Skye whilst waiting for my car to get back on the road.
All in all, a good trip was able to shoot and fly my DJI Phantom drone over some good locations Quiraing, The Old Man of Stor, Fairy Pools, Sligachan and on the way up Etive Mor and Eilean Donan Castle. Only slight downside was due to the extremely nice weather the Fairy Pools at Glen Brittle where not as impressive as they look after a few days of good heavy rain. Also I got to meet up with a few Facebook buddies at the end of the trip and we went out for a sunrise at Quiraing which turned out to be a rather impressive sunrise.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Death Valley highway night
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- DJI Phantom GPS tracking device for lost flyaway drone
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- The road to Quiraing Isle of Skye