A few years ago Falkirk would not be on your list of places to visit as a photographer but over the last few years a couple of attractions have popped up in Falkirk that definitely make it a place to stop by with the camera.
The artist Andy Scott designed the Kelpie sculptures completed in October 2013. At the time these were not going to be permanent fixtures but in the first year some 1 million visitors came to the site and they ended up building a park around the sculptures so I would presume they are now staying. Ive seen photos that have lasers going out of the sculptures at night but when I last visited they just change colour. Maybe the laser show is just on at certain times?
Very close by to the Helix park were the Kelpie sculptures are you will also find the Falkirk wheel. A rotating boat lift in Scotland, connecting the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal. A very interesting engineering feat and illuminated with neons at night that make for interesting night photography.
If you plan to visit to photograph I would recommend the night as being the best time, they turn the lights of the Kelpies at midnight and when I spoke to a lady in the cafe at the Falkirk wheel she said the lights on the wheel were on a dusk to dawn sensor.
Location Coordinates Kelpies Helix Park : 56.0191°N 3.7553°W
Location Coordinates Falkirk Wheel : 56°0′1″N 3°50′30″W
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Death Valley highway night
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Devils pulpit Scotland
- Mayfield Lavender Fields Banstead Surrey near South London
- Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK
- The Devils Pulpit outlander location Finnich Glen Glasgow 70ft deep Gorge
- Abandoned places Lincoln County Looney Bin Abandoned St Johns hospital
- Exploring Chernobyl Pripyat Ukraine Abandoned Ghost City and Fairground