Construction of this building started in 1889 and was officially opened on the 27th October 1890. The initial build cost £2000 and provided a total of 5 beds.
In 1987 an extension was added to provide a further 10 beds, this wing was named the Newstead Ward. By 1928 the number of beds available had grown to 108.
In 1950 another extension was built to help deal with demand, this increased the bed number by a further 60. Over a number of years Kings Mill took over the majority of the services and eventually in 1992 the hospital closed.
In recent years it has been claimed by the owners that the site would become luxury apartments, but nothing has come of this. Due to the site being in disrepair they are have been warned of legal action by the local council.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Death Valley highway night
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place