The Louise Margaret Hospital was annexed to the CMH and cared for pre and post natal women and their babies. There was also a special care baby unit (SCBU).
The Louise Margaret Hospital opened in 1898 and its function was initially to care for the wives and children of servicemen.
It was named after Princess Louise Margaret, the Duchess of Connaught whose husband was the Duke of Connaught who was at the time the GOC of Aldershot Command.
Those who have visited the Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital may recall the narrow and shallow staircases. They were designed to allow nurses to run quickly up and down the stairs in their long nursing dresses.
The Louise Margaret Hospital continued to care for the spouses and children of the army until 1958 when its function and name changed to a maternity hospital.
The Louise Margaret Hospital closed on the 18 January 1995.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Death Valley highway night
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Abandoned Crypts Belgium