Once home to 6,000 patients sent for ‘treatment’ but were never allowed to leave.
Ospedale Psichiatrico di Volterra was a former psychiatric hospital in Tuscany, Italy
It was home to more than 6,000 mental patients but was shut down in 1978 because its practices were deemed cruel.
The hospital was called ‘the place of no return’ because patients supposedly never returned home.
Walls of courtyard are still covered in the carvings of a patient who was locked inside for more than a decade.
Facebook Comments Master
- How to do Night Time Long exposure photography | shutter speed ISO and aperture settings
- Best 360 cameras on sale Xiaomi Mi Sphere GoPro Fusion YI 360 vr
- Photographing Antelope Canyon Navajo slot canyon Page Arizona USA Navajo Nation
- Exploring Abandoned Packard Motor Plant Detroit Michigan USA
- Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys Bushey Abandoned boys school masonic lodge