Once home to 6,000 patients sent for ‘treatment’ but were never allowed to leave.
Ospedale Psichiatrico di Volterra was a former psychiatric hospital in Tuscany, Italy
It was home to more than 6,000 mental patients but was shut down in 1978 because its practices were deemed cruel.
The hospital was called ‘the place of no return’ because patients supposedly never returned home.
Walls of courtyard are still covered in the carvings of a patient who was locked inside for more than a decade.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Death Valley highway night
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Chernobyl This used to be a fun place