For years people living near the former 100-room convent in a quiet village have wondered what goes on behind the walls of the strange, Gothic building that was falling into disrepair.
Since 1992 it has been owned by a Muslim charity which in 2003 turned part of the building into an independent Muslim school for boys, the Jameah Islameah School that did little to integrate itself with the villagers.
A report by Ofsted inspectors sheds little light on the Jameah Islameah School, which is set within 54 acres of countryside. They found it had only nine pupils.
In 2003 or 2004 the school was allegedly used for an Islamic themed camping trip, at which hate preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed lectured.
Bakri would later claim the activities at the camp included lectures on Islam, football, and paintballing.
In September 2006 up to 100 anti-terror cops raided the school’s buildings and grounds. After arrests many cars were left behind in the grounds and the school was left abandoned.
Sussex Police held a cordon around the site for 24 days in an operation that cost more than one million pounds.
In 2007 a court heard that terror camp leader Atilla Ahmet sang a song with the lyrics “come Mr Taliban, come and bomb England” to pupils.
It was said that students sang the lyrics, which continued “before the daylight come, you wanna see 10 Downing Street done, Hey Mr Taliban, boom, boom, boom. Come bomb England. Allah willing, it will be done” with Ahmet to the tune of The Banana Boat Song.
In 2008 Ahmet was jailed for six years and 11 months after pleading guilty to three charges of soliciting to murder.
Buried in the pages of testimonies given by al-Qaeda suspects held at Guantanamo Bay are references to terror training camps held within the Jameah Islameah School’s grounds.
Please subscribe for more videos. More info and hi-res photos at http://hdrphoto.co.uk
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Death Valley highway night
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Devils pulpit Scotland
- Mayfield Lavender Fields Banstead Surrey near South London
- Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK
- The Devils Pulpit outlander location Finnich Glen Glasgow 70ft deep Gorge
- Abandoned places Lincoln County Looney Bin Abandoned St Johns hospital
- Exploring Chernobyl Pripyat Ukraine Abandoned Ghost City and Fairground