Dont be tempted to buy the cheap cable releases and remotes you see advertised on eBay, they really are hit and miss if they will work. I bought a couple for myself and both did nothing.
The original Nikon one works perfect, is good quality and is pretty cheap in price TBH. I bought mine through Amazon arrived next day. Get yours from her..
Also im sure the cheap one damaged my camera as when I recieved my original Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord it did not work. I sent Nikon an email but the next day I tried it again it worked perfect and has continued to do so with no issue.
I did at the time make a video of the expensive eBay copy to show to the eBay seller as he was adamant it worked 100%.
The eBay seller told me to change the settings on the camera and check the instructions manual saying that he had used these remotes himself without problem on a Nikon D5000. There are no settings, these remotes are simple plug and play. Plug them in and off you go. Which pretty much to me shows they have not been tested by those on eBay selling them.
So apart from wasting your time and paying to post it back for a refund you also run the risk that these Chinese copies can also damage your camera. I also advise not buying the ones on eBay that say they are Nikon ones as they are likely to be copies made to look like the original Nikon ones. If you buy on Amazon you will get a genuine Nikon cable release. Mine was £15 cheaper then the expensive copy.
Facebook Comments Master
- Free Download DJI colour grading LUTs for phantom, inspire, mavic
- Iceland waterfall Dettifoss
- Powerplant IM Belgium
- Severalls Asylum – The Red Chair
- Talgarth Asylum – Star Wars Cantina
- Culzean Castle Ayrshire DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- Château de Noisy abandoned castle
- Kelpies Helix Park and Falkirk Wheel Stirling Scotland
- Glasgow City rooftop skyline at night
- Cuillins Isle of Skye Waterfall
- Death Valley highway night
- DJI Mavic Pro Pocket sized drone shipping early December
- Gloucester Cathedral Hogwarts Cloister
- Lillesden school for girls – mirror mirror
- Sunset at Arthurs Seat Edinburgh
- Selfies Across America Road Trip
- Devils Pulpit Finnich Glen near Glasgow Scotland
- Bull Manor Furhouse Library
- Isle of Skye best photography locations map
- Devils pulpit Scotland
- Australia Photography Road trip Milky Way Sydney Ayers rock Uluru Outback Melbourne Coober Pedy
- Mayfield Lavender Fields Banstead Surrey near South London
- Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK
- The Devils Pulpit outlander location Finnich Glen Glasgow 70ft deep Gorge
- Abandoned places Lincoln County Looney Bin Abandoned St Johns hospital