abandoned places

Urban Exploration | The Art In Decay | Creepy Abandoned Buildings

Highlights of my urban exploration (urbex) over the last decade exploring abandoned sites around the UK, Europe (Italy, France, Belgium etc), Ukraine (Chernobyl and Pripyat) and the USA (NYC, Detroit).

Exploring many urban abandoned manors, chateaus, houses, castles to abandoned urban industrial decay. Abandoned Asylums and Sanatoriums.

Urban exploration in Pyestock, Bull Manor, Severalls, HF6, Chateau Noisy, non plus ultra sammezzano castle etc

Urban exploration often shortened as urbex, UE, bexing, urbexing is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned buildings or not usually seen components of the man-made environment.

Bull Manor Furhouse - Let the music do the talking
Bull Manor Furhouse – Let the music do the talking
Whittingham Asylum - Suitcases on the stage
Whittingham Asylum – Suitcases on the stage
St Johns Asylum Lincoln - Honeycomb Corridor
St Johns Asylum Lincoln – Honeycomb Corridor
Bass Maltings - Group shot on the staircase
Bass Maltings – Group shot on the staircase

Pool Park Psychiatric Hospital - Staircase
Pool Park Psychiatric Hospital – Staircase
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital - The Bleeding Doors
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital – The Bleeding Doors
Silverlands Orphanage - Decay
Silverlands Orphanage – Decay
Welcome to the Church of St Agnes
Welcome to the Church of St Agnes

St Agnes Church - Where is God
St Agnes Church – Where is God
Seminary for Priests
Seminary for Priests
Chernobyl Ferris Wheel
Chernobyl Ferris Wheel
Eastwood Theatre Standing room only
Eastwood Theatre Standing room only

Lincoln Lunatic Asylum Staircase closer
Lincoln Lunatic Asylum Staircase closer
Church of Decay
Church of Decay
chateau noisy front
chateau noisy front
waiting room only
waiting room only

Steep House abandoned Potters manor UK

Steep House / Potters Manor House was built in 1904. The last inhabitants were a family of artisans and potters and for some reason, that we will probably never know, left the house with all its contents including many paintings and full wardrobes of clothes. Over the years the house has suffered from looting, pillaging and vandalism.

Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor

Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor

Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor

Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor
Steep House abandoned Potters manor

Sheffield crown courts photography

Sheffield Old Town Hall stands in central Sheffield, England. The building was commissioned to replace Sheffield’s first town hall, which had opened in 1700 to a design by William Renny. This first structure stood by the parish church, on a site with little prospect for extension. The Old Town Hall was built in 1807–8 by Charles Watson, and was designed to house not only the Town Trustees but also the Pettyand Quarter Sessions. The initial building was a five-bay structure fronting Castle Street, but it was extended in 1833 and again in 1866 by William Flockton (1804-1864) of Sheffield and his partner for the project, Abbott; the most prominent feature was the new central clock tower over a new main entrance that reoriented the building to Waingate.

At the same time, the building’s courtrooms were linked by underground passages to the neighbouring Sheffield Police Offices. The first Town Council was elected in 1843 and took over the lease of the Town Trustees’ hall in 1866. The following year, the building was extensively renovated, with a clock tower designed by Flockton & Abbott being added. By the 1890s, the building had again become too small, and the current Sheffield Town Hall was built further south. The Old Town Hall was again extended in 1896-7, by the renamed Flockton, Gibbs & Flockton, and became Sheffield Crown Court and Sheffield High Court. In the 1990s, these courts moved to new premises, and since at least 1997 to present, the building remains disused. In 2007, it was named by the Victorian Society as one of their top ten buildings most at-risk.

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...