exploring

Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK

Camelot Theme Park is an abandoned resort and theme park located in the English county of Lancashire. The park’s theme was the well known legend of Camelot, and the park decor incorporated pseudo medieval elements. It was located on a 140-acre (0.57 km2; 0.22 sq mi) site near the village of Charnock Richard, 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Chorley.

One of the rollercoasters can be seen from the M6 near the Charnock Richard Services. The site was owned by The Story Group, and was operated by Knights Leisure. The park featured many rides, taking a target audience of families and younger children, however the park also boasted numerous thrill rides and roller coasters, including Whirlwind (a Maurer Söhne spinning coaster), Knightmare and Excalibur.

The park was featured in a 1994 episode of Sooty & Co., in which presenter Matthew Corbett takes Sooty, Sweep and Soo there. During the season of 2012, Camelot suddenly announced that they would not be reopening for the season of 2013.

Please subscribe for more videos like this.

More information and hi-res photos at http://hdrphoto.co.uk

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned Hospital the Cambridge Military Hospital

Urban decay and peeling paint. The Cambridge Military Hospital opened its doors to patients in 1879. The name Cambridge came from His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge who was the Commander-in-Chief of the Army at the time. The hospital was built on a hill because current clinical thinking at the time thought that the wind would sweep away any infection and clean the air. The CMH was famed for its supposedly mile long corridor, with self contained wards and rooms branching off on either side.

It was hoped that this design would reduce cross infection. The Louise Margaret Hospital opened in 1898 and eventually changed its name and purpose in 1958 to become the Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital, caring solely for mothers and babies. The CMH was used throughout its years to house casualties from the majority of the wars this country has seen; from the first world war upto the first gulf war. The Cambridge Military Hospital closed down in 1996. Many factors were given as the reason for its closure; cost to maintain, efficiency and asbestos were among them.

Cambridge Military Hospital
Cambridge Military Hospital
LLMH - Theatre Corridor
LLMH – Theatre Corridor
LLMH - Blackout
LLMH – Blackout

LMMH - Switch
LMMH – Switch
LMMH - Peeling Paint and open doors
LMMH – Peeling Paint and open doors
LMMH - The lights are on
LMMH – The lights are on

lmmh - peeltastic with correction
lmmh – peeltastic with correction
CMH - Hospital
CMH – Hospital
CMH - Lonely Ward
CMH – Lonely Ward

Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital - Bathroom
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital – Bathroom
LMMH - Peeling Paint
LMMH – Peeling Paint
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital - The Bleeding Doors
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital – The Bleeding Doors

Cambridge Military Hospital - Corridor Lamps
Cambridge Military Hospital – Corridor Lamps
CMH - Admin Corridor
CMH – Admin Corridor
CMH - Hospital
CMH – Hospital

Lillesden school for girls

Lillesden School for Girls occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) by the banker Edward Loyd, who co-founded the Loyd Entwistle & Co bank, which later became the District Bank and ultimately the National Westminster (Natwest). Loyd had Lillesden Mansion built after he married Caroline Louisa Foster on the 12th March 1846 at Ashton-on-Mersey. He bought the Lillesden estate at Hawkhurst, Kent in 1853 and built the mansion, finished in 1855.

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Severalls Asylum – Entity in the corridor

I met up with a chap from one of the Urbex forums (Derelict Places) and we took a road trip upto Severalls Asylum in Colchester. It was a tough day lugging the camera gear around Severalls because we spent three hours getting here and then a further two hours trying to gain access. So when we got in I was already getting tired 🙂

But had a great day and got some great shots.. what more could you ask for 🙂

Severalls Asylum Entity in the corridor
Severalls Asylum Entity in the corridor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...