ghost

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys Bushey Abandoned boys school masonic lodge

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

The Royal Masonic School for Boys was an independent school for boys in England.

From 1798 charities were set up for clothing and educating sons of needy Freemasons. They originally provided education by sending them to schools near to their homes. A specific masonic boys’ school was set up at Wood Green in North London in 1857 following amalgamation of the charities in 1852.

A new school was built in Bushey, Hertfordshire in 1903 and a Junior School was added on the other side of The Avenue in 1929. By 1939 there were 800 boys at the school.Following a decline in pupil numbers the junior school closed in 1970; the site is now occupied by Bushey Academy. Numbers continued to fall, and the senior school closed in 1977. For a time, the buildings housed the United States International University (Europe). Both schools were commonly used for films (such as Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life, Lucky Jim (twice), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and numerous TV shows) from the 1950s until recently. They have now been redeveloped as luxury housing.

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Creepy abandoned theme park with roller coaster, ghost train, water slide | Abandoned UK

Camelot Theme Park is an abandoned resort and theme park located in the English county of Lancashire. The park’s theme was the well known legend of Camelot, and the park decor incorporated pseudo medieval elements. It was located on a 140-acre (0.57 km2; 0.22 sq mi) site near the village of Charnock Richard, 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Chorley.

One of the rollercoasters can be seen from the M6 near the Charnock Richard Services. The site was owned by The Story Group, and was operated by Knights Leisure. The park featured many rides, taking a target audience of families and younger children, however the park also boasted numerous thrill rides and roller coasters, including Whirlwind (a Maurer Söhne spinning coaster), Knightmare and Excalibur.

The park was featured in a 1994 episode of Sooty & Co., in which presenter Matthew Corbett takes Sooty, Sweep and Soo there. During the season of 2012, Camelot suddenly announced that they would not be reopening for the season of 2013.

Please subscribe for more videos like this.

More information and hi-res photos at http://hdrphoto.co.uk

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park
Abandoned theme park

Lillesden school for girls

Lillesden School for Girls occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) by the banker Edward Loyd, who co-founded the Loyd Entwistle & Co bank, which later became the District Bank and ultimately the National Westminster (Natwest). Loyd had Lillesden Mansion built after he married Caroline Louisa Foster on the 12th March 1846 at Ashton-on-Mersey. He bought the Lillesden estate at Hawkhurst, Kent in 1853 and built the mansion, finished in 1855.

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls
Lillesden School for girls

Let the music play on

An old photograph from a few years ago which I have reworked. Taken at Bull manor ‘Berkyn Manor’ in Slough. Once the stately home to the English poet John Milton and its latter life the Berkyn family. Earnest Rayner was the last owner in 1945 till his death in 1987 aged 96.

Taken with the Nikon D800, 5 exposures blended in Photoshop with some Nik analog effex.

Let the music play on
Let the music play on

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...