haunted

Denbigh County Mental Asylum Abandoned England UK Denbighshire County Lunatic Asylum photography

Designed by architect Thomas Fulljames, the Denbighshire County Lunatic Asylum was opened in 1848 as the 1st Welsh asylum built as a refuge from the maltreatment in English asylums of Welsh speaking patients. Amongst locals for many years the old Gothic institution has been referred to simply as ‘Denbigh Mental’. A small stripped chapel lies to the back of the site behind the maintenance shops and boiler house which was added to the site in 1862.

Various interesting and experimental treatments were tested and developed at Denbigh over the course of its history. In 1871 Turkish baths were installed to treat melancholia amongst other ilnesses and in 1916 all epileptic patients in the asylum were placed on a vegetarian diet since epilepsy during the early 1900’s was still at the centre of much speculative research. Electro-convulsive shock therapy was also introduced at the hospital in 1941 as a means of managing the symptoms of madness, other ‘cures’ for delirium also included Sleep therapy and the widespread practice of the pre-frontal leucotomy.

The asylum reached a maximum holding capacity in 1956 housing just over 1,500 patients. This number however slowly decreased over the years as various parts of the hospital faced closure including the farms, workshops and various wards in order to cut costs until 1995 when the asylum shut down indefinitely. The now derelict buildings featured most recently in a television series called ‘Most Haunted’. The administration block, although severely dilapidated is grade II listed but sadly in November of 2008 the main theatre was completely destroyed by an arson attack.

This incident occurred 2 weeks after a listing proposal was brought forward to the local council regarding the main halls status. Denbigh’s future looks bleak and as with most asylums, the land it lies on represents a redevelopment premium in location and so her beautiful old battered corridors man not survive for much longer.

Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum

Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum

Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum

Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum
Denbigh Asylum

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys Bushey Abandoned boys school masonic lodge

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

The Royal Masonic School for Boys was an independent school for boys in England.

From 1798 charities were set up for clothing and educating sons of needy Freemasons. They originally provided education by sending them to schools near to their homes. A specific masonic boys’ school was set up at Wood Green in North London in 1857 following amalgamation of the charities in 1852.

A new school was built in Bushey, Hertfordshire in 1903 and a Junior School was added on the other side of The Avenue in 1929. By 1939 there were 800 boys at the school.Following a decline in pupil numbers the junior school closed in 1970; the site is now occupied by Bushey Academy. Numbers continued to fall, and the senior school closed in 1977. For a time, the buildings housed the United States International University (Europe). Both schools were commonly used for films (such as Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life, Lucky Jim (twice), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and numerous TV shows) from the 1950s until recently. They have now been redeveloped as luxury housing.

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys
Exploring Royal Masonic School for Boys

Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf urban exploration

An abandoned detached farm house in Belgium. Items around the house indicate the old owner was named Gustaaf.

Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse

Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse

Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse

Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse

Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse
Abandoned Belgium Maison Gustaaf farmhouse

Abandoned School | Jameah Islameah School of terror | Urban Exploration

For years people living near the former 100-room convent in a quiet village have wondered what goes on behind the walls of the strange, Gothic building that was falling into disrepair.

Since 1992 it has been owned by a Muslim charity which in 2003 turned part of the building into an independent Muslim school for boys, the Jameah Islameah School that did little to integrate itself with the villagers.

A report by Ofsted inspectors sheds little light on the Jameah Islameah School, which is set within 54 acres of countryside. They found it had only nine pupils.

In 2003 or 2004 the school was allegedly used for an Islamic themed camping trip, at which hate preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed lectured.

Bakri would later claim the activities at the camp included lectures on Islam, football, and paintballing.

In September 2006 up to 100 anti-terror cops raided the school’s buildings and grounds. After arrests many cars were left behind in the grounds and the school was left abandoned.

Sussex Police held a cordon around the site for 24 days in an operation that cost more than one million pounds.

In 2007 a court heard that terror camp leader Atilla Ahmet sang a song with the lyrics “come Mr Taliban, come and bomb England” to pupils.

It was said that students sang the lyrics, which continued “before the daylight come, you wanna see 10 Downing Street done, Hey Mr Taliban, boom, boom, boom. Come bomb England. Allah willing, it will be done” with Ahmet to the tune of The Banana Boat Song.

In 2008 Ahmet was jailed for six years and 11 months after pleading guilty to three charges of soliciting to murder.

Buried in the pages of testimonies given by al-Qaeda suspects held at Guantanamo Bay are references to terror training camps held within the Jameah Islameah School’s grounds.

Please subscribe for more videos. More info and hi-res photos at http://hdrphoto.co.uk

Taliban school of Terror - Temple of the Taliban
Taliban school of Terror – Temple of the Taliban
Taliban school of Terror - Temple of the Taliban
Taliban school of Terror – Temple of the Taliban
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror

School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror
School of Terror

Taliban school of Terror revisited - Chapel of doom
Taliban school of Terror revisited – Chapel of doom
Taliban school of Terror revisited - Outside Convent
Taliban school of Terror revisited – Outside Convent
School of Terror - Chapel
School of Terror – Chapel

Taliban school of Terror - Attic Window
Taliban school of Terror – Attic Window

Abandoned Hospital the Cambridge Military Hospital

Urban decay and peeling paint. The Cambridge Military Hospital opened its doors to patients in 1879. The name Cambridge came from His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge who was the Commander-in-Chief of the Army at the time. The hospital was built on a hill because current clinical thinking at the time thought that the wind would sweep away any infection and clean the air. The CMH was famed for its supposedly mile long corridor, with self contained wards and rooms branching off on either side.

It was hoped that this design would reduce cross infection. The Louise Margaret Hospital opened in 1898 and eventually changed its name and purpose in 1958 to become the Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital, caring solely for mothers and babies. The CMH was used throughout its years to house casualties from the majority of the wars this country has seen; from the first world war upto the first gulf war. The Cambridge Military Hospital closed down in 1996. Many factors were given as the reason for its closure; cost to maintain, efficiency and asbestos were among them.

Cambridge Military Hospital
Cambridge Military Hospital
LLMH - Theatre Corridor
LLMH – Theatre Corridor
LLMH - Blackout
LLMH – Blackout

LMMH - Switch
LMMH – Switch
LMMH - Peeling Paint and open doors
LMMH – Peeling Paint and open doors
LMMH - The lights are on
LMMH – The lights are on

lmmh - peeltastic with correction
lmmh – peeltastic with correction
CMH - Hospital
CMH – Hospital
CMH - Lonely Ward
CMH – Lonely Ward

Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital - Bathroom
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital – Bathroom
LMMH - Peeling Paint
LMMH – Peeling Paint
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital - The Bleeding Doors
Louise Margaret Maternity Hospital – The Bleeding Doors

Cambridge Military Hospital - Corridor Lamps
Cambridge Military Hospital – Corridor Lamps
CMH - Admin Corridor
CMH – Admin Corridor
CMH - Hospital
CMH – Hospital

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...