The Lincolnshire County Lunatic Asylum. The Asylum was built in 1852. The hospital was set in grounds of 120 acres which included gardens, farmland and a burial ground. Administration of the hospital passed to the National Health Service in 1948. By the early 1960s it was known by its final name of St John’s Hospital. St John’s Hospital itself was closed in December 1989.
Abandoned places in the UK Lincoln County St Johns hospital the looney bin haunted mental asylum.
More info and hi-res photos at http://hdrphoto.co.uk
St John’s hospital, Bracebridge Heath Lincoln was a mental asylum built in 1852. This is the once grand stair case that was in the admin block of the hospital. Designed by architects Hamilton and Thomas Percy in a grand Italian-Style, the building now is abandoned and in decay.