urbex video

Abandoned places Lincoln County Looney Bin Abandoned St Johns hospital

The Lincolnshire County Lunatic Asylum. The Asylum was built in 1852. The hospital was set in grounds of 120 acres which included gardens, farmland and a burial ground. Administration of the hospital passed to the National Health Service in 1948. By the early 1960s it was known by its final name of St John’s Hospital. St John’s Hospital itself was closed in December 1989.

Abandoned places in the UK Lincoln County St Johns hospital the looney bin haunted mental asylum.

More info and hi-res photos at http://hdrphoto.co.uk

Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum

Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum

Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum

Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum
Lincoln Asylum

Sheffield crown courts photography

Sheffield Old Town Hall stands in central Sheffield, England. The building was commissioned to replace Sheffield’s first town hall, which had opened in 1700 to a design by William Renny. This first structure stood by the parish church, on a site with little prospect for extension. The Old Town Hall was built in 1807–8 by Charles Watson, and was designed to house not only the Town Trustees but also the Pettyand Quarter Sessions. The initial building was a five-bay structure fronting Castle Street, but it was extended in 1833 and again in 1866 by William Flockton (1804-1864) of Sheffield and his partner for the project, Abbott; the most prominent feature was the new central clock tower over a new main entrance that reoriented the building to Waingate.

At the same time, the building’s courtrooms were linked by underground passages to the neighbouring Sheffield Police Offices. The first Town Council was elected in 1843 and took over the lease of the Town Trustees’ hall in 1866. The following year, the building was extensively renovated, with a clock tower designed by Flockton & Abbott being added. By the 1890s, the building had again become too small, and the current Sheffield Town Hall was built further south. The Old Town Hall was again extended in 1896-7, by the renamed Flockton, Gibbs & Flockton, and became Sheffield Crown Court and Sheffield High Court. In the 1990s, these courts moved to new premises, and since at least 1997 to present, the building remains disused. In 2007, it was named by the Victorian Society as one of their top ten buildings most at-risk.

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex
Sheffield crown courts urbex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...